Friday, 21 April 2017

Mixed media Birthday card

Hello friends,

I am still settling down in Banglore but i was itching to create something and this is what i made. This was also an opportunity for me to create a background using my sprays that have been sitting in my stash a long time but have not been used much. The entire video is also available on You tube channel and also is attached below.





I started with sparaying a piece of card stock with 3 different colours that go with each other, I started with a bigger of card stock than what i needed as that gives me the freedom to choose the best place to cut out my final piece. I love layering on cards and projects through prints texture and stamps and more layerthrough embellishments etc



Dried the spays and once it was dry, used stencils and stamps to create more layers on the background.
TIP: If you want your stamping to look a part of the background do pounce your inkpad on the stamp instead gently swipe it across the stamp so that you get a lighter impression, something like second generation stamping
I used different stencils and stamps to create a feeling of texture and layers on the background, I also used distress oxide on this background for the first time but since I have not played much with it decided  not to use much. 

This was my final background and i kinda like it but i chose the corner where i could see all the 3 colors to used for my card, these were the colours i stuck to throughout the card.

I added a half cut doily on top of my background so that my embellsihments that were also in similar colours would stand out more. Used a sizzix die to cut out a piece of cake. I also made a few flowers using my punches to mach the background and since i had only silver polens left by the time got around to making the pink flower i used and to make sure that it would still be cooradinating with the card i used silver on the base of the cake stand as well as the flourish on top, 


I inked the cake using my distress inks and a blending tool but since i found that the cake looked quite dull compared to the other elements i added stips of black card stock and stample little black flowers. and added went over the entire thing with Wink-of stells clear shimmer pen and glossy accents.

For the sentiment i added a small piece of cardstock That was heat embossed in white.

I hope that you enjoyed this card the list of supplies is given below.

Supplies:

Cardstock
doily 
sprays- Little Birdie- colour splash hot pink, lemon zing and tangerine
stamps -Bo Bunny Texture stamps
              Sentiment from little birdie stamp set
Stencils- Little Birdie

Stencil - Rolling Stones 10x18cm 

Stencil - Net 10X18cm 1pc

Leaves- local store
Pollens - local store
5 petal flower punch- local store
sizzix cake die-
Distress Inks- black soot, picked raspberry, festive berries and worn lipstick
Wink of stella clear shimmer pen
glossy accents
embossing powder - wow- white
Archival ink pad - jet black
double sided tape
Adhesive
Diamond dust
Distress oxide -fossilized  Amber

Tools:





Linking this card to the following Challenges:

Addicted to stamps
The mixed media monthly challenge- Layering

I love layering on cards and projects through prints texture and stamps and more layerthrough embellishments etc









14 comments:

  1. Such a bright and cheerful card Seema..Thanks for sharing the technique..:)
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx a ton Richa!!!appreciate you taking to comment!!

      Delete
  2. a very cool card! so powerful!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the rich colors you used here, what a great layout and the black is spot on! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Autumn, appreciate you stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. fab card
    thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - love that background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seemaa such a beautiful vibrant background . And oooh you are in Bangalore...let us meet up! I am in North Bangalore. Give me a ring[ will message you my number if you are on facebook]
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Sonia I would love to meet up with you, i will message you on FB

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely piece of art..love the bright colours..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog! would really like to know your feedback!! HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...