Wednesday, 7 June 2017

A glitter wall decor piece!!!

Hello Friends,

This month the theme at the HLS Mixed Media challenge is 'Glitter'. I personally find it very difficult to work with glitter as it gets everywhere and calls for a very tedious clean up .....(hope I am not  the only one who feels that way!!!)  
However I decided to make this large painting with glitter on it and i hope you will like it too....


I started with a large canvas of 24" x 30". Primed the canvas with gesso and then created a background using various acrylic colours (names in the list below) that are close to the colours in my living room. 

Once the background was covered with the colours I used stencils to layer.

After the stencils came the layer of stamps, since i did not have archival ink ink in brown i had to use a brown stazon ink. I used scroll designs to stamp.

Next came splatters that i love, I used the colours in the background for splatters and also added splatters in gold and bronze. The base was ready and I let it dry for about an hour.

Next I printed an enlarged  moroccan design pattern and used it as a template to create a stencil. 





Once the stencil was done I used gel medium over the stencil to trace the design onto the canvas and added glitter after removing the stencil.... This was the most messy nd time taking part of the project as it required to be done in parts but finally when it was all done I loved the result and now i have a wall decor that complements my living room.

To finish I added 2 coats of Spray varnish...

Hope you git inspired and will try something similar for your own home.





List of supplies:
Acrylic Paints
  Titanium white
  Yellow Ochre
  Burnt Sienna
  Burnt Umber
  Hookers Greeen
  Crimson Red
Acrylic gold powder 
Acrylic Bronze powder
Flower stencil
Bricks stencil (recycled from a toy)
Diamond stencil (DIY)
Bubbles stencil
net stencil
Stazon Ink pad in Brown
Stamps scroll designs (local)
Glitter
Spray Varnish..
Acrylic matt medium
Tools
  Acrylic block
  Brushes
  water tub
  sponge or stipling brush
  palette






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting my blog! would really like to know your feedback!! HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...