Monday, 7 August 2017

Decoupage - Tissue paper reverse decoupage on textured glass

Hey Crafty folks,

This month over at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge theme is "TISSUE". When I though about this I immediately thought of decoupage as I am already in the middle of a projects for a friend so I though may be I could share what I was doing already but then I had another idea and that was to decoupage a textured glass plate that has been sitting on my dining table service as a fruit basket and many times I thought of getting rid of it but you know how we crafters are and its so difficult to get rid of things so i decided to upcycle it into something pretty so technically this project is a reverse decoupage...




As you will see in the picture that the Plate I have used has zebra lines kind of texture. I chose a white and black themed damask designed tissue paper.

I needed the background to be white so that the top coat would show through and I wanted that to be gold coloured.

I cleaned my surface, when it was dry, added glue to the centre in a line and glued down the tissue making sure not to leave any wrinkles, It is best to start from the centre and then move outward as it helps in working and also pushing the air bubbles out.

This part of the project went on pretty smoothly. Once the tissue paper was adhered completely then gave the whole thing a coat of glue. I let it dry overnight.

Next step was to use some water and sandpaper cleaned up the edges, Here comes the part where I made a mistake....I used a dual tone alcohol ink to add colour to the back ground thinking that It would look gold with touches of brown but it did not turn out so I let it dry and then used rubbing alcohol to remove the excess alcohol ink leaving behind some as i still wanted a brown gold look to match me decor.

Once the rubbing alcohol was dry I used gold acrylic colur to add a coat of bright gold and finally to finish I used the same acrylic colour to add a border in the edges and now I have a beautiful glass piece that matches/ complements everything else that is there in the room but it is also still food safe and still be used to keep fruits, only now it looks pretty too....

Here the video for the process:



Hope you enjoy this challenge and looking forward to be inspired by you all!!!

Have a wonderfully crafty day!!!


Linking this Project to the folowing challenges

1. Altered electics - August Challenge
2. More mixed media challenge Anything Goes Optional Brights


2 comments:

  1. A wonderful alteration..love how you have given the dish a new life...
    Fabulous entry for our challenge this month over at Altered Eclectics...x

    Dt at Altered Eclectics
    Owner/Dt at Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    Owner/Dt at Go Tag Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Sandra really appreciate you taking the time to stop by..

      Delete

Thankyou for visiting my blog! would really like to know your feedback!! HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...